How dermal fillers can enhance your appearance
- Posted on: Aug 15 2021
Botox is a household name for its use in smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles in the upper third of the face. But Botox can’t fix everything, and that’s where dermal fillers come into play. While Botox addresses dynamic wrinkles caused by underlying muscle contractions, dermal fillers address static wrinkles, or wrinkles that constantly appear. Here’s what dermal fillers can do and why you should consider these popular wrinkle fillers.
- Similar to Botox, dermal fillers temporarily smooth out lines and wrinkles in various areas of the face. Dermal fillers are commonly used to reduce the appearance of lines around the nose and mouth such as marionette lines, smile lines and parentheses lines around the mouth.
- Dermal fillers can “fill” sunken areas of the face, enhancing and restoring volume to sunken cheeks or temple areas.
- Dermal fillers can diminish vertical lip lines, and plump and enhance the lips. They are also used to smooth out chin creases and improve general symmetry in facial features.
- Dermal fillers can be used alongside Botox and with other procedures to give your face a more rejuvenated appearance.
- Dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero products are made with hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance found in the skin. This helps keep your skin plump and hydrated. Hyaluronic acid fillers deliver results that last anywhere from 6 to 12 months.
- Dermal fillers made with calcium hydroxyapatite are made from a naturally occurring substance found in our bones. Radiesse is a common dermal filler using this substance, which can treat deeper lines and wrinkles and deliver results lasting about 12 months.
- Poly-L-lactic acid is a dermal filler made of a biodegradable synthetic substance similar to dissolvable stitches. These products are used to stimulate collagen production and treat deeper wrinkles, with results lasting up to two years or longer.
If you are interested in learning more about dermal fillers and how they can help you achieve a more youthful appearance, call 425-455-2131 to schedule an appointment today.
Posted in: Dermal Fillers