Novathreads: A nonsurgical facelift that’s all the rage
- Posted on: May 15 2021
Facelift surgery can successfully tighten and lift the skin, essentially removing years of aging on your face. But not everyone is ready to go under the knife to turn back time. Novathreads are a newer, less invasive way to achieve similar results. Read on to learn more about this procedure and 10 things you need to know.
- Novathreads are also known as PDO threads. PDO stands for polydioxaone, and this thread is a synthetic absorbable surgical suture that is safe for implantation in the body.
- Novathreads improve the quality of skin, redefine the contour of the face, reduce wrinkles and roundness, lifts sagging skin in the cheeks, jowls and neck, enhances the volume of the lips and even stimulates collagen production.
- As we age, our collagen production slows. Novathreads stimulate collagen production to help give the skin more structure and elasticity, and thus a more youthful appearance.
- PDO threads are inserted using a delicate needle or fine microcannula. Local anesthetic is injected into the entry points in the skin before the treatment.
- Treatment takes anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour depending on the areas you are getting treated.
- After the procedure, you can resume your everyday activities within a few days.
- This procedure can be combined with dermal fillers or neuro-modulators to achieve optimal results.
- The thread is safely absorbed within 4-6 months after treatment. Patients will notice full results in about three months after treatment once collagen has formed around the thread.
- Results last anywhere from eight to 14 months.
- As with any cosmetic procedure, there is risk involved. Novathreads have a much lower risk of complication than a facelift. This means less risk of scarring, severe bruising or bleeding.
Novathreads can give you great results without having to undergo surgery. To learn more about these threads and whether this procedure is right for you, call 425-455-2131 today for a consultation.
Posted in: Latest News, Novathreads