What to expect from Botox injections
- Posted on: Mar 15 2022
Here are some things you should know about Botox and what you can expect from treatment.
- There are two types of wrinkles – static and dynamic. Static wrinkles are wrinkles that are present always. They are caused by sun damage to the skin, aging, lifestyle choices such as smoking, genetics and other factors. Botox does not work on static wrinkles. These are successfully treated by dermal fillers.
- Botox works magic on dynamic wrinkles. These wrinkles form when muscles contract under the skin from making facial expressions such as smiling, laughing, frowning and squinting. Dermal fillers do not work on dynamic wrinkles. Botox is king.
- Botox is the most popular non-surgical treatment of lines and wrinkles for many reasons, one of which is the fact that it’s a quick “lunchtime” procedure. Treatment only takes about 10-15 minutes, and you don’t need anesthesia or any downtime after the injections. Most patients go back to their jobs and other activities. You may have some slight redness or swelling, which resolves within a day.
- Botox is injected into specific areas using a short, thin needle. Patients don’t ask for topical numbing prior to their treatment. Most says it feels like a pinprick when the needle goes in.
- Depending on the areas you are addressing, you may need several units. Forehead lines usually need 6-20 units, while the frown lines or “11s” between the brows take about 20-35 units. Crow’s feet usually need 6-15 units.
- You won’t see results immediately. It can take a few days for the muscles to stop contracting the the wrinkles to fully release.
- Botox is a temporary treatment. After 3-4 months, you’ll want to return for follow-up treatment to maintain results.
Interested in learning more about Botox? Please call 425-455-2131 today.
Posted in: Botox