Nine things you need to know about FaceTite
- Posted on: Jun 15 2021
As early as our mid-20s, we start losing collagen and elastin and our skin starts to show the signs of aging. FaceTite is an innovative procedure that many patients are turning to instead of going under the knife for a facelift. But what is this non-invasive procedure, and would it be right for your concerns? Read on for nine things you should know about FaceTite.
- Ideal candidates are adults with mild to moderate signs of facial aging but aren’t ready to go under the knife for a facelift.
- FaceTite corrects jowls, nasolabial folds, marionette lines and crepe-like, loose-neck skin.
- FaceTite tightens the skin and increases the production of collagen using controlled radiofrequency (RF). This process is known as radiofrequency-assisted lipolysis (RFAL).
- The non-surgical, outpatient procedure is performed using a local anesthetic and sedation for the patient’s comfort. Injections numb the treatment area, and a tiny incision is made just below the ear. This incision, or puncture, is so small that there will be no scar once the treatment area has healed.
- A thin probe is inserted through the puncture in the skin. The probe has a cap at the end to perform any tissue perforation. An external arm holding an electrode runs parallel to the probe. When the internal probe is extended to full length, the doctor slowly withdraws it, causing RF waves to pass between the parallel arms. This energy affects multiple areas of the skin and achieves uniform results.
- The procedure takes no more than 60 to 90 minutes to complete.
- The FaceTite procedure stimulates the production of collagen and elastin for several months. You will see significant tissue remodeling and rejuvenation that can last up to five years after treatment.
- You can prolong results by wearing sunscreen every day and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- You may not be a good candidate for FaceTite if you smoke, are pregnant or have a serious health condition such as heart disease or morbid obesity.
If you’d like to learn more about FaceTite and other ways to rejuvenate the appearance of your facial skin, schedule a consultation by calling 425-455-2131 today.